Use Your Camera, Use Your Brain

Can’t Read the Dial – No Problem

Use you digital camera to take photos of the knobs and dials on your appliances. Especially the ones that get used often and suffer abuse. Don’t forget your tools, camping gear and barbeque.

Why Go Through the Trouble

Because some day the numbers on the dials may wear off and you won’t know where the settings are.

Where Did This Idea Come From

I don’t use the food processor much, but a few weeks ago My Goddess was visiting a

friend and I actually had to fend for myself (maybe I should post that on the abused husband blog).

Using the food processor was impossible because My Goddess is a clean nut. She cleaned the numbers right off the dial. I was going to ring her for help, but didn’t want to seem like I couldn’t cope.

What Am I to do. I went on line and downloaded the manual for the machine. I took a close look at the controls and made a little label for it.

The following Saturday I took pictures of the barbie, the camp stove, the outboard throttle and some other gear. I printed a copy and put it in a real paper file, and then saved the picture to the computer.

Oh! the mango salsa I made tasted great and she still doesn’t know that I can’t survive without her.

Comments

Popular Posts