Well, how about that...


Mango Computer Tuition & Repair

A little about me



I don't know how many of you ever followed this blog.  I don't know if this post will ever be seen, but it's about time I combine my Social with Media and get the conversation started.
I'm Dave. I own and operate Mango Computer Tuition in the Redlands, QLD and have been doing so for a few years, now. I started out helping my father, Larry with this particular business and his relatively small, but exceedingly loyal group of clients. It's my intent to grow this business and service all of Southern Queensland within a few, short years. 

I started out on this path long ago, in the land of Forks in the state of Washington in the United States. I was employed as a Boatswain's Mate in the United States Coast Guard (USCG), and I had a personal computer. This was back in 1998. Well, my good friend and cousin Tom put the thing together for me, and about all I knew of it was how to get online and send and receive and email or two. Yes, I was a gamer as well.

It didn't take long before that old beast was too slow. I needed to upgrade the thing and I hadn't a clue how I might go about that. It took some searching, driving, sweat, blood (yes, for real!) and tears, an I had doubled the ram (task switching, speed) and replaced a failing CD-ROM drive with a CD-RW. It was actually fun.

This new "hobby" became more important to me. I stayed with the USCG until the end of 2008, but through that time I spent thousands of hours building, updating and repairing mates PC's and digital devices. I actually left the Coast Guard for a 2-year stint in 2002 and went to work as the technical services manager of a once thriving brick and mortar computer and technology retail giant, CompUSA. I went back to the Coast Guard shortly after 9/11 and continued to help people out from my home as they needed it.

What I'm here to do.

I’m back in Australia now, with my family and old mates and I’m going to make a difference in how technology and people interact. I’m here to teach you how to make your technology work for you, not confuse you. I’m going to show you how to save hours in your day by making the most out of these strange little devices that keep showing up and how not to see them as imposing, expensive rubbish.

I can…
        Build you your dream PC

  •          Provide you with new and used PC’s and equipment from any number of well-known technology providers as a certified distributer, such as Dell, D-Link, HP, Lenovo, Microsoft, ESET, Western Digital and so many more.
  •          Repair your PC’s or Macs in-house, or remotely.
  •          Network your home or small business.
  •          Connect you to the internet on ADSL or NBN.
  •         Secure your computer and communications using state of the art Anti Malware software and encryption technologies.
  •          Advise you on technology and technological trends.
  •          Advise you on the use of Cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and Bitcoin Cash.
  •          Secure your important information using a number of backup techniques so you can avoid the heartache that hundreds of thousands before you have faced when their devices failed or were compromised by bad people.



Most of all, I’m here to help you, and I’m available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to make sure you’re looked after. My email address is mangoitpro@gmail.com and I look forward to hearing from you.

There will be typos!

Cheers
Dave

Comments

Popular Posts